Summer is the perfect time to find fun ways to exercise and be more active in your day to day life. By making small changes and being more active, you are boosting your fertility and giving yourself the best chance of a healthy pregnancy. We have compiled five easy steps you can take to be more active this summer.
- Find the right exercise for you – it’s important to figure out what you love doing, because once you do you are more inclined to keep going! Find an activity that fits in to your day, is close to you and gets you moving. The experts at Exercise Right suggest doing something you enjoy, find something that fits easily in to your schedule, have goals and surround yourself with support to help you stay committed and consistent.
- Start slow, don’t overdo it – it’s tempting to launch straight into intense activity. If you are a beginner, start gently and gradually build up from there. Don’t forget to warm up properly. Choose an activity that is an effective amount of exercise whilst not placing stress on your body. Try beginning with walking before building up to other exercise if you have a lower level of fitness.
- Make it short – exercising doesn’t have to take up a huge part of your day, just a regular part of your day. As a general rule-of-thumb, you should aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate-intensity physical activity each day. You know you are exercising moderately when you are a little puffed, but can still carry on a conversation. With the summer heat we recommend being active early in the morning or late at night, and what better way to start the day then a brisk walk or a fun bike ride!
- Partner up! – you and your partner are in this together, having someone alongside you while you exercise makes the session go faster and you’re more likely to stick with it if you have someone motivating you. Moderate exercise has fertility benefits for both men and women.
- Consistency – regular exercise will help boost not only your fertility but will make you happier and healthier in all aspects. A key to staying motivated is to establish a routine and stick to it. Another great way to stay accountable is to keep track of your progress, being able to see how far you have come is a great way to keep motivated!
There are many benefits to including exercise in your daily routine, especially when you are trying to fall pregnant. Exercising, along with making smart lifestyle choices, is essential to boosting your overall fertility. Primary IVF has health professionals such as physiotherapists and dieticians as part of our team who are available to help you make healthy lifestyle changes. You can request a consultation with them through your Primary IVF clinic.
A healthy body and lifestyle mean increased levels of fertility and a happier you. If you would like more information about factors that affect a person’s fertility you can speak to a Primary IVF expert on, 1800 285 52 or request an initial consultation here: http://primaryivf.com.au/request-a-consultation/